I have been asked this many times before – so finally got around to doing a post about it – a list of my all time favorite perfumes. Mind you that the list below is really a list of perfumes I use on repeat, sometimes depending on the season of the year, sometimes depending on what I currently like. I hardly ever (or more like ‘never’) add anything new to this list – at this point in my life I really know what I like and when it comes to perfumes I have a feeling this list may simply never change. So, here goes:
1. Pictured – L’Artisan Perfumeur ‘Premier Figuier’. Components: fig leaf, cedar wood, sandal wood, dried fruits. It is that fig leaf that makes me love this one so much and I have to say that if I really had to pick just one, number one EVER fragrance for me, it would be this one. Anything with fig or fig leaf and I am sold. But this one’s my favorite. Linking it here and here.
2. Diptyque ‘Philosykos’ – told you I love fig leaf extracts because this one also has fig leaf in its notes. It is more ‘raw’ than the one above and by that I mean it smells very ‘leafy’ (if I can call it that) and I think you either love it or hate it, because it is so specific and unique. Linking it here.
3. Diptyque ‘Eau de Lierre’. Components” ivy leaf, cyclamen, rosewood, mastic, amber. This one was the last addition to my list and it’s here to stay. Not sure which of the notes I love the most or simply a combination of them but I will say this, when I spray it on I literally close my eyes, soak it in and enjoy that moment when I first can smell it on my skin. It is AMAZING. My husband finds me irresistible when I wear it LOL, I know maybe that’s too much information for ya, but it’s true! Linking it here.
4. Philosophy ‘Grace’ – hopefully I don’t have to introduce this one to many of you as it is commonly available at local Ulta stores, for example. I just love this one – the smell of fresh linen is what I think about when it comes to this perfume. Components are: bergamot, muguet blossoms and musk. Linking it here.
5. Dolce & Gabbana ‘Light Blue’ – a classic for me. Have been loving this one for more than half my life. It is an all time favorite for a lot of my friends and family. I mean… talk about fresh linen, this one is IT! Also, it is so potent and a little goes a long way. I swear, I can still smell on my clothes after having washed them. Components: citron, Granny Smith apple, bluebells, jasmine, bamboo, white rose. Linking it here.
6. Acqua di Parma ‘Fico di Amalfi’. The best one for the summer! As the name suggests – it smells like you would imagine the Amalfi coast smells like in the midst of summer – like citron, bergamot, lemon, grapefruit, jasmine and fig nectar (probably why I love it so much – that fig nectar!). Linking it here.
7. Hermes ‘Un Jardin En Mediterranee’. A second best choice for the summer! We’re in the Mediterranean region with this one again as it has similar notes as the one above with fig tree being the main component. Linking it here.
Thank you for reading all the way to the end (if you did LOL!) and please drop me a comment with your favorite fragrances – would love to know what they are! Linked everything again right below in the order that I discussed them.